LinkedIn is taking cues from Facebook with a new privacy concern. They now have a default setting that allows them to use your picture and name in advertising. I think this should default to off, but LinkedIn doesn’t. Here’s how to manually turn it off with this LinkedIn privacy tip:
1) Click on your name on your LinkedIn homepage. (It’s in the upper right corner of the page.)
2) On the drop-down menu, select “Settings”.
3) From the Settings page, click “Account”.
3. In the column next to Account, click “Manage Social Advertising” . (Lower left of page)
4. De-select the box next to “LinkedIn may use my name, photo in social advertising” .
Please share this link with others.